Mary Beth Nevulis is the managing editor of Storm Water Solutions. Nevulis can be reached at email@example.com.
2012 SWS Top Projects Announced
This past summer, Storm Water Solutions invited project managers to submit nominations for industry-specific projects in design or construction that have taken place over the past 18 months. The SWS editorial staff then selected the winners based on the obstacles that were faced and overcome, and final goals achieved. Although they vary in size and scope, all of these winning projects shared main objectives: meet population and regulatory demands, address aging infrastructure needs, and implement cost-efficient technologies and best practices.
Congratulations to the 2012 Top Project winners:
- Upper Antelope Creek Flood Reduction Project, Lincoln, Neb.
- SR 303/4A Manette Bridge Replacement Project, Bremerton, Wash.
- Frog Hollow Neighborhood Diversion System & Wetland Project, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Emory Court/Dupont Drive Area Flood Relief Project, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Economic Development Administration Award Number #05-79-04796, Fort Pierre, S.D.
- Ecofilter Wetland Restoration Project, Asheville, N.C.
- Thornton Brady Storm Drain Improvements Project, Anaheim, Calif.
- Wildcat Creek Drainage & Erosion Control Project, Greenfield, Wis.
- Eastern Hills Drainage Improvements Project, Fort Worth, Texas
Each project winner will be showcased in the November/December issue of Storm Water Solutions.