Early Registration Extended for 2014 Water Convention
Early registration extended to April 15
Early registration for the 2014 Water Convention, June 1 to 5, during Singapore Intl. Water Week, has been extended to April 15. Attendees can attend 170 oral presentations and 200 poster presentations featured over 40 water convention technical sessions covering the entire water value chain.
"Water for Industries," the latest addition to the series of themes, explores solutions on water management and wastewater usage by the industrial sector. The global industrial sector has been identified as the second largest water consumer and can thus contribute significantly to water sustainability efforts.
Keynote speakers at the 2014 convention include:
- The Role of Technology & Innovation in Meeting the Water Needs of the 21st Century — Cindy Wallis-Lage, president, Black & Veatch's Global Water Business (USA)
- Maximizing Water and Resource Recovery from the Industrial Water Cycle — Dr. Glen Daigger, president, Intl. Water Assn.
- Water Management for Urban Liveability and Resilience - Connecting the Biophysical Evidence — Prof. Tony Wong, chief executive, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities (Australia)
- Water Quality Challenges, Public Health Protection and Practical Realities — Dr David Cunliffe, principal water quality adviser, South Australian Department of Health
Attendees will also get in on the 'hottest' and latest water trends and challenges at the Hot Issues Workshops on Sunday, June 1, 2014.
Distinguished Speakers include:
- Dr Shane Snyder, Co-director, Arizona Laboratory for Emerging Contaminants, University of Arizona (USA)
- Dr Gary Amy, Director, Water Desalination and Reuse Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (Saudi Arabia)
- Prof. Mark van Loosdrecht, Professor, Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)(Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize 2012 Laureate)
- Prof. Perry McCarthy, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University (USA)
- Dr Rita Colwell, Distinguished Professor, University of Maryland (USA)
More like this
- Singapore Intl. Water Week Scholarship Recipients Announced
- Singapore Intl. Water Week Features Technology Conference
- Xylem to Participate in Key Discussions at SIWW 2014
- IWS 2014 to Address Water Sustainability Challenges
- California Professor Will Share Israeli Technology and Experience to Combat Drought