Engineering and Information Technology Firm Addresses Inflow/Infiltration Issues
RJN Group is working on a Phase 2 Area Flow Monitoring Project in Falls Church, Va., after a particularly heavy rainfall event in 2011
After a particularly heavy rainfall event in the fall of 2011, basement back-ups occurred, and residents of the city of Falls Church, Va., began to voice concern. The city decided to be proactive in identifying the problem areas. This past Spring, RJN Group Inc. began work on a Phase 2 Area Flow Monitoring Project in the city of Falls Church.
RJN is conducting the flow meter site selection, installation, monitoring, analysis and recommendations at four locations. Peak flow analysis will also be performance on those same sites. RJN will evaluate the flow from adjacent billing meters as well.
In providing these services, RJN is assisting with the identification of inflow and infiltration (I/I), which results in basement back-ups during extreme wet weather periods. A previous I/I study conducted by a difference consultant failed to locate significant sources of I/I.
More like this
- Iowa's Duck Creek Middle Basin Undergoing Inflow/Infiltration Study
- City of Wheaton, Ill. Continues Sewer Rehabilitation Program
- Company Provides Flow Monitoring Services to Des Plaines, Ill.
- Keyser, W.V. Releases Message on Storm Water Issues
- RJN Group Conducts Flow Monitoring in North Charleston, S.C.