Florida DOT selects floating outlets and skimmers for its projects
FDOT’s storm water management facility will use Thirsty Duck’s floating outlets and skimmers on production projects
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has recently approved the Thirsty Duck Early Riser 200, a floating outlet and skimmer, for use on production projects.
The product was successfully tested for hydraulic performance and debris tolerance at St. Anthony Falls Laboratory in Minnesota, which provided the impetus for the FDOT using it in its stormwater management facility.
The device allows for a constant discharge of water out of a stormwater management facility. With the ability to obtain a constant discharge, stormwater storage volume within a pond may be reduced, thus allowing for cost savings on right-of-way acquisitions.
The product is expected to improve pond efficiency with respect to pond volume whenever the size of dry or wet retention ponds is driven by peak discharge attenuation.
More like this
- Pinellas County Waste to Energy Plant Adds Two Floating Outlets and Skimmers
- University of South Florida Nets 2.3 Acres of New Land
- Washington, Florida Install Floating Outlets and Skimmers
- Thirsty Duck Floating Outlet and Skimmer Reduces Toyota Dealership Pond by 50%
- Spring Training Facility Installs Floating Outlet and Skimmer