Green Roof System Selected for New Green Roof Projects in North Carolina
Local LiveRoof distributor overseeing installations for projects totaling 37,000 sq ft
LiveRoof LLC and Riverbend Nursery Inc., a wholesale container nursery in LiveRoof’s network of licensed regional growers, announced that the LiveRoof Hybrid Green Roof System has been chosen for five new projects in North Carolina. The new LiveRoof installations include:
• Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools, Career Tech Center, at 3,000 sq ft;
• Walkertown Middle/High School, Walkertown, N.C., at 3,200 sq ft;
• University of North Carolina, Pembroke, N.C., at 6,660 sq ft;
• Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center, Raleigh, N.C., at 7,510 sq ft; and
• City of Greensboro, Transit Authority Maintenance/Operations Facility and Administrative Offices, Greensboro, N.C., at 16,700 sq ft.
“North Carolina is one of our fast-growing markets as more organizations come to recognize the valuable benefits of vegetated roofs,” said Janie Schepker, Riverbend’s LiveRoof area manager for North Carolina. “Effective storm water management, reduced cooling costs in summer and longer service life for structural roof components are among the most significant benefits driving growing demand for green roofs in the region.”
On the day of installation, the green roof system is delivered to project sites with modules full of regionally adapted and locally grown plants that are mature and ready for the rooftop.
More like this
- LiveRoof Names New Distributor to Serve Customers in Texas
- Hamline University Installs 1,800-sq-ft Green Roof with Locally Grown Plants
- Green Roof to be Installed at University of Minnesota
- Green Roof Installation to be Featured at Greenbuild Conference
- Green Roof System Selected for Chattanooga City Council