EPA awards Partners for Sustained Excellence, Partners of the Year and Excellence Award winners
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognized its first two WaterSense Partners for Sustained Excellence, along with seven Partners of the Year and six Excellence Award winners. The winners were recognized at the WaterSmart Innovations (WSI) Conference in Las Vegas on Oct. 3, 2013.
- Kohler Co. became a Sustained Excellence Award winner in 2013.
- Lowe's Co. Inc. also became a 2013 Sustained Excellence Award winner.
- Athens-Clarke County (Ga.) Public Utilities Department was named Promotional Partner.
- Delta Faucet Co. received a Large Manufacturer Partner of the Year award.
- Niagara Conservation Corp. earned the WaterSense Small Manufacturer Partner of the Year award.
- The Home Depot was recognized for its efforts to promote WaterSense in all of its U.S. stores and on its Eco Options website.
- KB Home broke new ground in 2012 with the construction of WaterSense-labeled new homes.
- The Irrigation Assn. received the first WaterSense Partner of Year Award.
- John Taylor, president of Taylor Irrigation Service Inc., Houston, Texas, received the WaterSense Irrigation Partner of the Year award.
EPA also recognized six WaterSense Excellence Award winners for their outstanding contributions in specific program areas: City of Boulder (Colo.) Public Works/Utilities Department for Excellence in Promoting WaterSense-Labeled Products; Colorado Springs (Colo.) Utilities for Excellence in Strategic Collaboration; the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and the town of Sharon (Mass.) for Excellence in Education and Outreach; the Sonoma-Marin (Calif.) Saving Water Partnership for Excellence in Promoting WaterSense and Water-Efficient Irrigation Practices; and Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver for Excellence in Construction of Affordable WaterSense Labeled New Homes.