Company honors outgoing officers, board members
The Fabricated Geomembrane Institute (FGI) inducted new officers and a new board of directors during its annual membership meeting in Orlando, Fla., March 13, 2017, at the ASCE Geo-Frontiers Conference. FGI’s membership meeting was attended by 47 people and held in conjunction with the Industrial Fabrics Association Intl.
Before introducing the new officers and directors, Timothy D. Stark, FGI technical director and professor of civil engineering for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, acknowledged the service of the outgoing officers and board members: Marlyn Waltner (Intertape Polymer Group, Sioux Falls, S.D.), Jeremiah Boorsma (Accugeo, Bakersfield, Calif.), and Dave McLaury (DemTech, Placerville, Calif.). In particular, Tim recognized the FGI’s outgoing president, Andrew Mills (Layfield Group, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), for his instrumental ideas and initiatives for launching the FGI and establishing the successful membership and dues structure. Tim presented Andrew with a plaque in recognition of his service as the FGI president for three consecutive terms (i.e., six years).
The newly elected FGI Officers that will serve a two-year term (2017 to 2019) include:
- President – Patrick Elliott (Colorado Lining Intl., Parker, Colo.),
- Vice President – Laura Storey (Plastatech, Saginaw, Mich.),
- Treasurer – Ed Silva (Engineered Polymer Technologies, Hillside, N.J.), and
- Secretary – Jimmie Eloff (Owens Corning).
The recently elected FGI Board of Directors that also will serve a two-year term (2017 to 2019) include:
- Dale Kemnitz (Leak Location Services),
- Gary Kolbasuk (Raven Industries),
- Ray Peebles (Cooley Group),
- Bill Shehane (Seaman Corp.), and
- Duff Simbeck (Simbeck & Associates).