In this month’s episode, the podcast hosts discuss the impact of water scarcity on the entire water cycle, ranging from surface water to groundwater
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen provide a brief update on the progress of the Lead and Copper Rule Revision, which is now undergoing community roundtables to gather feedback. The hosts also explore current water scarcity issues in the U.S., including Lake Mead’s declining water levels and the impact of water scarcity on the entire water cycle ranging from surface water to groundwater.
Finally, the interview this month is with Scott Slater, CEO of Cadiz Inc. about water scarcity and how it affects the economy, relates to water equity and more.
- EPA Announces Lead & Copper Rule Community & Tribal Roundtables
- Lake Mead at the Hoover Dam to reach lowest water level in decades
- Persistent drought has water well drillers booked solid for 2-years
- Clearing the Way for Recovery: Cal OES Reports Statewide Debris Removal of the 2020 Wildfires in California Reaches 90% Completion
- The Relationship Between Water Scarcity & Economy
- Cold Open - Gameshows: (0:00)
- Host Intro: (0:44)
- Lead & Copper Rule update: (1:33)
- Drought in the Western U.S.: (5:28)
- The connection between agriculture water use and water wells: (9:06)
- Introducing Scott Slater, CEO of Cadiz Inc.: (13:07)
- Biggest challenges regarding water scarcity in the Western U.S.: (13:59)
- Factors contributing to water scarcity: (19:17)
- Water scarcity’s impact on the economy: (23:22)
- How water scarcity affects water equity: (28:23)
- Aquifer storage as a water scarcity solution: (35:54)
- Interview ends: (39:51)
- Housekeeping: (39:58)
- End: (42:40)
- The Scranton Gillette Communications Water Group, which includes Water & Wastes Digest and Storm Water Solutions, is bringing a Water Pavillion to The Utility Expo Sept. 28 to 30, 2021 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky. For more information and to register visit sgcwaterpavilion.com.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.