In this month’s episode, the podcast hosts discuss news relating to water equity and WOTUS, plus they share an interview on One Water
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen discuss the National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) new five principles for advancing water equity and new regional roundtables on WOTUS announced by the U.S. EPA and U.S. Department of Army.
Finally, the interview this month is with Renée Willette, vice president of programs and strategy for the US Water Alliance. Ahead of Imagine a Day Without Water, recognized annually on October 21, Crossen spoke with Willette about what is new in the One Water sphere for the US Water Alliance; the impact of extreme weather on how the industry and the public talk about water; and how listeners can engage with Imagine a Day Without Water.
- NAWC Adopts Five Principles for Advancing Water Equity
- EPA, Army Announce Regional Roundtables on WOTUS
- Listen to the Talking Under Water 2020 Value of Water Series:
- Cold Open: 0:00
- Host Introduction: 0:54
- Episode Summary: 1:08
- NAWC adopts five water equity principles: 1:49
- EPA & Army announce WOTUS round tables: 4:35
- Introducing Renée Willette: 6:22
- What’s new in One Water and were are we heading?: 6:59
- How has the perception of water changed during the pandemic?: 9:40
- How climate and extreme weather events impact The Value of Water campaign: 13:34
- How climate stress and extreme weather become water discussion points: 18:40
- Getting involved in Imagine A Day Without Water: 21:25
- What’s next for US Water Alliance?: 23:11
- Housekeeping: 26:48
- End: 29:06
Share your feedback in the SWS 2021 State of the Industry Survey: https://bit.ly/2021SOTI
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing email@example.com or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.