The event will be held Nov. 3 to 5 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, U.K
Bentley Systems Inc. announced that registration is now open for The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, held Nov. 3 to 5 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, U.K. This global gathering of figures in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations features a series of presentations and interactive workshops that explore the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
“We’ve been very gratified by the enthusiastic feedback from attendees to our Year in Infrastructure conferences. The participating executives from architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and owner-operator and government organizations found the sessions to be engaging and well worth the relatively small investment in their time,” said Chris Barron, Bentley Systems vice president, corporate communications. “Many were able to incorporate into their strategic planning the valuable insights gained on advancements in technology and best practices, and virtually all were motivated by the Be Inspired Awards finalist presentations on extraordinary projects that took full advantage of Bentley’s BIM advancements to enhance both project and asset performance.”
The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference will include:
Executive Summits for C-level executives (available by invitation only):
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit
Industry-specific forums that provide infrastructure professionals an ideal opportunity to interact with their peers and industry visionaries and learn about best practices and advances in technology:
- The Building Forum is focused on the application of collaborative BIM in multi-discipline design and general construction, with an emphasis on strategies to get a better return on BIM investments.
- The Rail and Road Forum looks beyond design and construction as it explores the application of BIM throughout the lifecycle of transportation infrastructure.
- The Oil, Gas, Chemical, and Mining Forum covers both new capital projects and ongoing operations as it explores new methods and technologies to improve both project performance and asset performance.
- The Utilities Forum addresses topics of relevance to utilities, including the impact of cloud technology on utilities workflows, new developments in meeting the challenges of subsurface utilities, best practices in engineering collaboration, and how to achieve operational excellence through better-performing assets. A concluding panel will discuss the future of the utilities industry.
- The Visions for the Future Forum features research by Bentley Fellows and their collaborating researchers. The speakers will discuss the latest results in their areas of research, including: facilitating onsite decision making through model and data navigation on mobile devices; advancing infrastructure performance through smart sensing, data analytics, and reality modeling; and streamlining construction planning through panoptic interaction.
Other events include:
- The Be Inspired Awards, featuring project presentations by the finalists of the 2015 Be Inspired Awards program recognizing outstanding achievement in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations; the program culminates in the presentation of the awards to this year’s winners at the Be Inspired Awards banquet;
- Media Day, a pre-conference, invitation-only briefing of over 100 members of leading international online and print media outlets on key business and technology trends in the design, construction and operations of infrastructure; and
- Ample networking opportunities built into the agenda.