Association recognizes Renner’s contributions to groundwater industry
Former National Ground Water Assn. President Roger E. Renner, MGWC, is among the first five to receive the association’s new Fellow designation in recognition of outstanding credentials, professional accomplishments, and commitment to promoting the increased understanding of groundwater science and water well system technology. Renner is president and CEO of E.H. Renner & Sons Inc. in Elk River, Minn.
His many groundwater industry achievements include:
- Earning NGWA’s MGWC (Master Groundwater Contractor) designation, demonstrating exceptional knowledge and dedication in water well construction and pump installation;
- Serving on various NGWA boards, committees, and task forces, including the Standard Development Oversight Committee, Professional Designations Oversight Committee, Government Affairs Committee, Finance and Budget Standing Committee and Industry Practices Committee;
- Leading NGWA as president in 2001;
- Conducting numerous educational presentations, workshops and courses on a variety of groundwater-related topics; and
- Receiving NGWA’s Ross L. Oliver Award, Individual Safety Advocate Award and Standard Bearer Award.
“Roger’s service to NGWA speaks for itself and requires no other supporting documentation,” said nominator John “Jack” W. Henrich, MGWC, CVCLD, president of Bergerson-Caswell Inc. in Maple Plain, Minn.
The NGWA Fellow designation will be presented to Renner during NGWA’s 2016 Groundwater Week Dec. 6 to 8 in Las Vegas.