Updates from companies regarding their policies and procedures during the Coronavirus pandemic
As Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, continues to impact the world, the storm water and erosion control industries are working to keep operations running in an orderly and safe manner.
Below is a list of updates from manufacturers, engineering firms and other entities. If you would like your company to be added to this list, please email SWS Managing Editor Katie Johns at [email protected].
BioSafe Systems has put new policies and procedures in place to comply with local and national guidelines. The company stated in an email that it is “committed to keeping our daily production plants open at all three locations and operating and providing our customers with the continued high level of service you expect.”
As of March 19, the company has implemented internal social distancing and expanded workplace sanitization policies. The sales team has minimized all in-person meetings with customers and will instead conduct them over the phone or virtually.
BioSafe Systems can still be reached by phone during normal business hours (8:30 AM–5:00 PM, Monday–Friday) at 1-888-273-3088.
As of March 19, Ecoturf Midwest Inc. was operating as normal with production levels and is working to “get orders processed and shipped as quickly as possible.” In an email, the company stated it is working to get orders shipped early if possible.
The company asks customers to be proactive in making sure they are in stock as needed with products and procure them early if there is a “foreseeable need” and to allow extra shipping time as carriers “are feeling the pinch with the surge in demand and reduction in workforce.”
The company can still be reached by phone during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday) or by emailing [email protected].
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam Inc.
LAN, a national planning, engineering and program management firm, has instituted a Coronavirus Response and Continuity Plan following CDC Guidelines. The plan was implemented several weeks ago and includes the following points updated on March 20 in a press release:
- All employees are advised to work from home until further notice but can access the offices on an as-needed basis for printing, shipping and other production tasks.
- The firm will “leverage its communications, security, mobile hardware and cloud computing capabilities.”
- There is a “moratorium on all international business travel and nonessential domestic air travel.”
- Employees who have traveled to a country listed as a Level 3 Warning by the CDC, been exposed to someone who has Coronavirus or tested positive for it, are required to self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days and are required to inform the firm’s human resources team before returning to work.
- Employees will continue to “meet site visit obligations and participate in client meetings consistent with government guidance.”
On March 16, a firm-wide Pandemic Preparedness Plan was instituted that involved the team of 210 employees being directed to work from home to minimize the spread of COVID-19. The firm stated in an email “we prepared for this and are confident clients can expect the same high-level of service and responsiveness as usual.”
Highlights of the plan include:
- 100% of staff is equipped with laptops or remote desktop capabilities
- While offices remain closed, employees that need access to the space have been given strict guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all staff passing through
- Field employees are encouraged to follow strict guidelines including thorough hand-washing, social distancing, regularly cleaning of vehicles and sharing electronic files in lieu of paper copies to minimize contact with others.
- Audio and video conferencing technology is available and encouraged in place of all face-to-face meetings; and
- All domestic travel is suspended as of March 16, 2020.
The best way to reach Primera employees is to call either of the firm’s main numbers (312-606-0910 or 630-324-5100) and ask to be transferred to a team member ,or by email.
The Newterra company is open for business and is continuing to serve customers while maintaining the safety of employees. The company has taken several steps to meeting both employee and customer needs including:
- Sales calls and engineering and site visits will be made only when required and pre-approved by companies. The StormwateRX team is available by phone, video conferencing and email.
- Social distancing is being practiced; Anyone feeling sick is to notify their managers and seek medical attention.
- Most employees will remain at work operating under “stringent guidelines.”
The Strong Company
As of March 19, The Strong Company was operating “under relatively normal conditions” at its facilities in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
In an email, the company stated: “We are following the CDC guidelines, which includes increased sanitizing activities and limiting the contact between our employees, suppliers and customers to reduce the risk of exposure. Our family of products are readily available, and we plan to continue to manufacture, supply and ship our products without disruption.”
The company also shared that it is monitoring the status of COVID-19 on daily basis and will continue to follow guidance from public health officials. The company will alter processes and procedures as the need evolves. Anyone with questions is free to call 800-982-8009 or email [email protected].
Triton Stormwater Solutions
Triton Stormwater Solutions is following the guidelines recommended by the CDC. The company stated in an email on March 23 that it will continue to watch the fluid situation adding that its dedication to employees, clients and communities is the highest priority.
The company “will continue to adjust and to work in the most efficient way possible during this unprecedented time” and recommended that before further restrictions affect installation timeframe, to please consider ordering the product you require for your upcoming job installations.
To contact Triton during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. –5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday), call 810-222-7652 or visit www.tritonsws.com.
Read more related to Coronavirus:
- Special Episode: WEF Executive Director Talks Coronavirus
- WHO Declares COVID-19 Pandemic
- T-Shirts Used as Toilet Paper Clog California City's Sewer