The event provides an opportunity for water professionals to advocate for national policies that advance clean and safe waters in support of a healthy, sustainable environment
A group of U.S. water sector organizations will join forces next month in Washington, DC for Water Week 2015. Scheduled for April 12 to 18, 2015, the second annual event provides an opportunity for water professionals to advocate for national policies that advance clean and safe waters in support of a healthy, sustainable environment. The goal is to inform and inspire state and national policymakers about important water-related issues while communicating the value of water to environmental protection, economic development and job creation.
Organized by the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), the Water Environment Federation (WEF), the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF), and WateReuse Research Foundation, with support from national, state and regional water organizations, the event will bring hundreds of water and wastewater professionals to the nation’s capital to meet with members of Congress and federal regulators; discuss key legislative, regulatory, and legal water developments; showcase innovations and new technologies; and celebrate the progress of water professionals in addressing our nation’s water challenges.
A preliminary list of events includes:
- April 13 to 15 - National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In & Expo - Presented by NACWA, WEF, WERF and WateReuse, the two and a half day agenda features notable speakers, policy briefings, visits to Capitol Hill, and roundtable dialogues with key policymakers. The event will culminate with a Water Infrastructure & Innovation Expo on Capitol Hill, showcasing clean water innovations and technologies from utilities around the country. The event will feature Gina McCarthy, administrator for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; Norman J. Orenstein, Ph.D., a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, political analyst and columnist; and Steven LaTourette, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives (OH 14th District) and the current head of the Main Street Partnership lobbying firm.
- April 13, 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. - The Business Case for Water Sustainability, A Roundtable with Robert Glennon Sponsored by the U.S. Water Alliance, the event will feature Robert Glennon, best-selling author of the book, Unquenchable and co-author of the newly released report, Shopping for Water.
- April 13, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. - U.S. Water Prize Awards Ceremony & Reception - Sponsored by the U.S. Water Alliance.
- April 13 to 15, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. - WWEMA 42nd Annual Washington Forum
- April 15, 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. - NEWEA Annual Congressional Briefing