Water is headed for Hollywood this year for WEFTEC.11. Industry professionals from all over the world will convene in Los Angeles for the 84th annual event.
Full-day workshops will be held on Oct. 15 and 16 on topics including utility management, sustainable design and total maximum daily loads. From Oct. 17 to 19, WEFTEC.11 will host more than 100 technical sessions, each categorized by track.
Here are a few highlights storm water professionals will find helpful:
- Industrial Storm Water. Oct. 17, 1:30 to 5 p.m.
- Storm Water Management Challenges and Solutions in the Urban Watershed. Oct. 18, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sustainable Solutions to Storm Water Issues Through Green Infrastructure. Oct. 19, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Several facility tours will take place in conjunction with WEFTEC.11. Attendees may preregister for the site visits, which include:
- Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts’ Joint Water Pollution Control Plant. Oct. 17, 1 to 4 p.m.
- City of Santa Monica’s Charnock Well Field Restoration Project. Oct. 18, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Storm Water Management Tour: Green Storm Water Infrastructure. Oct. 19,8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Expo & Extras
The exhibition hall will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 17 to 19, with industry manufacturers and service providers showcasing their latest and greatest offerings.
Other WEFTEC highlights include the Collection Systems Luncheon and Fourth Annual Bicycle Ride to Support Water for People. Attendees also can look forward to keynote speaker Dr. Rita Colwell, professor of public health and the 2010 Stockholm Water Prize Laureate, and Doc Hendley, founder and president of Wine to Water and one of CNN’s Heroes in 2009, presenting at the Opening General Session.
Editor’s note: WEFTEC is Big Easy bound next year. The event is scheduled for Sept. 29 to Oct. 3, 2012, in New Orleans.