Version 2017 includes many updated features
XP Solutions announced the release of XPSWMM and XPSTORM version 2017. The hydrodynamic software models simulate sanitary sewer systems, storm water systems, rivers and urban flooding. XPSWMM and XPSTORM can be used for master planning, floodplain mapping, flood hazard mitigation and sustainable storm water control.
“This new release for 2017 encompasses a range of new features and software enhancements that allow the user to better comprehend input data, build models faster and solve multiple models in parallel. This balance between the addition of new features and improving the existing software was guided by many user meetings and our continued contact with users from our Support Portal and training workshops,” said Anthony Kuch, MSc, vice president of client services.
Version 2017 includes:
- The Run Manager leverages multiple-core processors for parallel processing of simulations. It automatically selects multiple simulations in the Global Storms or the Scenario Manager.
- The Modify Elevation tool can adjust elevations to match crown or inverts. This reduces the time needed to prepare these objects in the model.
- XP Solutions supports more native languages within the application beyond Japanese, Chinese and Korean. XPSWMM/XPSTORM can now be “localized” for almost any language.
- XP Solutions offers enhanced stability.
- Multiple profile plots that run along different sections of a network can be presented in a single view. Ground Elevations in profile support the actual terrain section along the profile plot.
- Dialogues for nodes, 2-D land use and pumps include clearer intuitive graphics, enhancing the representations of the underlying objects.
- Notepad++ includes the “compare” plug-in, allowing multiple results to be reviewed simultaneously.
- The sanitary modeling mode focuses the user on the relevant sanitary modeling layers and tools for increased productivity.